My whole aim for creating this online video training program, was to enable people to access the real skills required to start getting control of their day and become better at managing their time. I want it to be available to anyone in the world who has access to the internet and at an affordable price.
I have packaged all of these skills into a 3-part program, that will enable you to gain the knowledge and start building these skills, in a shorter time frame than what it normally takes.
I learned the hard way back in 1987, that time management is more than just preparing a plan and creating workable plans for your week and your day. You also need the skills to be able to stop yourself from putting important things off to later and to enable yourself to reduce distractions and interruptions in your day.
All the time management courses I had done and also still review today, teach you how to set goals, create your plans, plan your week and days and a little bit on procrastination. This means, that when you arrive at work in the morning, all planned and ready to get everything in your plan completed, you hit the proverbial brick wall, and can’t get those important things done. You were setup to fail.
Your day of distractions, interruptions and putting the important things off because you don’t have time to do them, kicks in.
By the end of the day, you have only ticked off a few of the minor things on your list, you are feeling tired because you have been on the go all day and can’t recall half of the things you have done.
In 1987, I went from always being in control of my days, even when I was supervising up to 14 team members, to managing over 100 team members, plus the interactions with other head office staff and my days fell apart. I could not get the tasks on my planner done.
From then on, I have been on a constant learning drive, to learn everything I could about time management and running a business. The more I learned, the better I became.
When I started business coaching in mid 2006, the thing I noticed the most, was that the business owners I was talking to and working with, had the same problem. They were struggling to keep their day under control.
I then took some time to identify all of the skills I had learned over the years, that helped me to keep control of my day and get the things I needed to do done. As I reviewed the list, it showed that there are four areas you need to develop skills in, they are;
- Understanding why you want to have a business
- Developing your vision of what you want to achieve with your business
- Set the long term and then short-term goals for your business, based on your vision.
- Plan your business goals for the next 12 months.
- Creating a quarterly action plan of tasks you will carry out to achieve your goals over the next 3 months.
- Using your quarterly plan to create your weekly activity plans, based on a default week plan.
- Creating workable daily action plans.
Personal Time Management Skills
- Understanding what makes you put things off.
- Ensuring you complete your most important tasks each day.
- Knowing how long you can focus on an activity before your mind starts wandering.
- It’s about knowing what things distract you during the day and creating a methodology on how you will handle them.
- It’s about having a method of operating your day, to ensure you keep your energy levels high, throughout the whole day.
People Management/Leadership Skills
- It’s about understanding how to provide clear direction to the team
- It’s about ensuring they are trained properly on what you want them to do
- It’s about how well you communicate to them to get your message across the first time.
- It’s about knowing how to recruit quality people into your business.
- It’s about knowing how to handle poor performance.
- Helping your team to learn to solve their problems and not come to you all the time.
- It’s about helping them to learn how to find the answers they need, instead of coming to you every minute of the day.
- It’s about your future strategic direction of the business.
- It’s about your staff planning for the business.
- It’s about using technology to automate your business as much as possible.
These are the skills you need to develop over time, to get your day under control and manage your time better. It’s more than just having a plan for your day.
I focused my coaching on the skills that you need to be able get your day under control and grow your business. There are further skills in marketing and sales etc, but without these core skills, you will struggle to do the rest.
The thing I love and I’m so focused on, is when a client starts to understand a specific concept and develops the skill and starts to create more success in their business and their life. It is a magic moment, each time you see it.
Through this online video training program, I can provide you with those key areas of knowledge in each of these skills and start to see you develop the skill and gain the results you are looking for.
All of these skills that took me many years to find, understand and develop, are in this 3-part program, that you can access anywhere in the world, as long as there is an internet connection. And, you can complete the program in 1 to 2 months and then continue to hone your skills and start getting twice as much done in your day and having time left over to do the things you love to do.
The program is also supported by a weekly live webinar “Ask The Time Retriever” where I answer questions on time management, that I receive during the week. Free to course participants.
Have a great week,
Peter Johnson – The Time Retriever – www.timeretrievers.com.au
Peter is an experienced business coach who has been working with over 158 businesses and childcare centres, and thousands of people in his workshops and speaking engagements.
He found that the biggest issue for business owners, is their inability to take control of their day and to stop putting things off to later because of distractions and interruptions, resulting in their failing to get those important things done when they planned.
He has helped business owners create successful businesses, through first developing their time management skills and then using these skills, plus many others, to grow and develop the critical areas of their businesses.