Do you ever have a plan for your day and all of a sudden it’s 5.00pm and you have achieved literally nothing?
You finish your day all tired and stressed, those important things you said you needed to get done first, are still sitting on the list unchecked and you have been battered from pillar to post with constant interruptions and distractions all day. And worst of all, you know you will still struggle to try and get them done tomorrow.
Even though you have followed all of the expert’s advice and prepared and prioritised your To Do List, you still struggle to get things done. That’s because, a To Do List will not get control of your day and without some crucial people skills, is for all intensive purposes, a waste of time.
If you are looking too;
- Increase your business income
- Have more free time
- Reduced stress levels
- Increase your focus
- Reduce the amount of procrastination in your day
- Reduce interruptions in your day
- Complete projects on time
- Build greater leadership skills
- Achieve greater results
- Become more organised
You need to have a clear understanding of the 4 Inescapable Components of Getting Control Of Your Day.
- Time Management
- People Management Skills
I have spent years developing my time management skills to enable me to get control of my day. Over the years, I started to notice that the biggest issue for virtually all business owners I spoke to, was being able to get control of their time and get everything they needed to do done.
I took the time to review what I had done over many years to achieve this, and what I noticed was, that not one of the time management courses I had done, enabled me to get control of my day. They only taught you how to do the planning process of setting goals, creating action plans and planning your week and days. They did nothing to help you with the self-discipline and people management skills. This meant, that whilst you had this great plan for your day and good intentions to achieve the plan, you were at the mercy of constant interruptions, distractions and putting of doing things.
You need to gain knowledge and develop your skills in these 4 Inescapable Components.
- Learn how to determine why you do what you do.
- Create a clear Vision of what you intend to achieve.
- Set specific goals to achieve your vision.
- Determine the goals you need to achieve over the next 12 months.
- Break your goals down into a quarterly action plan, clarifying what you will achieve over the next 3 months and specifying the activities you will complete each week to achieve these goals.
2. Time Management
- Learn how to plan your week using a default planning process, so you will feel in control of your week.
- Learn how to plan your day, determining what you will accomplish each day and learning the best method of prioritising your plan.
- Learn and understand Brian Tracy’s concept of Eat That Frog
- Learn why you procrastinate and develop the skills needed to halt it.
- Reduce distractions, by creating a methodology around your day to help keep you focused on getting things done.
4. People Management Skills
- Stop being the Zoo Keeper – Learn how to reduce the interruptions in your day by developing other people’s abilities in solving their own problems and sourcing information themselves, saving hours in your day.
- Learn how to communicate with people based on their learning modalities and behavioural styles, ensuring you are able to get the message across the first time, again saving hours in your day.
There’s no easy way out here, for you to get control of your day, it will take more than a half or one day workshop. It will take months or even a year to build these skills and change your current poor time management habits and patterns.
You will need to be prepared to commit yourself to the long term result, have the courage to keep making the changes when everything inside you wants to go back to the old you. And you will need to be persistent, day in and day out until you finally start to make it all work.
You will start to see results straight away and the long term results will be even greater.
Is it time for you to start getting control of your day and getting everything done?
Join our Ultimate Time Management Coaching program. Register for part one of the program, the Ultimate Time Management One Day workshop with Peter Johnson – The Time Retriever.